Dataset Information


A novel RAF kinase inhibitor with DFG-out binding mode: high efficacy in BRAF-mutant tumor xenograft models in the absence of normal tissue hyperproliferation

ABSTRACT: Purpose: Seek for differential gene expression in vemurafenib-resistant A375 tumors vs. untreated controls to provide a rationale for resistance mechanism Methods: mRNA profiles of vemurafenib-resistant A375 tumors and untreated control tumors were generated by transcriptome sequencing of A375 melanoma bearing mice. Since our xenograft samples contain a mixture of human and mouse RNAs we mapped RNASeq reads against a hybrid human/mouse genome. We than removed reads of potential mouse origin by taking only reads that map uniquely to human chromosomes. On average 23% of reads were removed as potential mouse reads. We than took the remaining reads (on average 77% per sample) to determine the gene expression levels for each sample. Normalized expression levels of 5 resistant samples were compared to 4 untreated control samples to detect differnetially regulated genes which may contribute to vemurfenib resistance Results: Expression levels of several genes were consistently altered in all resistant samples. Expression of e.g. genes encoding SPRY2, SPRY4, DUSP6, CCND1, PIK3R3, FGFR1, EPHA4, MCL1, and IGF1R was down-regulated, whereas expression of PDGFC, VEGFC, ABCB9 and KITLG was increased. Conclusions: Our study reports several differentially expressed genes which may contribute to vemurafenib resistance in A375 tumor bearing mice RNA sequencing of genes expressed in A375 tumors bearing mice treated with vemurafenib until in vivo resistance appeared vs. untreated A375 tumors

ORGANISM(S): Homo sapiens  

SUBMITTER: Andreas Schlattl  

PROVIDER: E-GEOD-74729 | ArrayExpress | 2016-07-03



Dataset's files

Action DRS Other
E-GEOD-74729.idf.txt Idf Processed
E-GEOD-74729.sdrf.txt Txt
Items per page:
1 - 4 of 4

Similar Datasets

2016-07-03 | E-GEOD-74729 | BioStudies
1000-01-01 | S-EPMC5288205 | BioStudies
2012-01-01 | S-EPMC3405466 | BioStudies
1000-01-01 | S-EPMC4747351 | BioStudies
2014-01-01 | S-EPMC3947172 | BioStudies
2014-01-01 | S-EPMC4263034 | BioStudies
2018-01-01 | S-EPMC5815895 | BioStudies
2016-01-01 | S-EPMC4914326 | BioStudies
2021-11-04 | PXD018305 | Pride
2016-01-01 | S-EPMC4893919 | BioStudies