Unknown

Dataset Information

0

Tracking Development Assistance for Health: A Comparative Study of the 29 Development Assistance Committee Countries, 2011-2019.


ABSTRACT: Development assistance for health (DAH) is an important part of financing healthcare in low- and middle-income countries. We estimated the gross disbursement of DAH of the 29 Development Assistance Committee (DAC) member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) for 2011-2019; and clarified its flows, including aid type, channel, target region, and target health focus area. Data from the OECD iLibrary were used. The DAH definition was based on the OECD sector classification. For core funding to non-health-specific multilateral agencies, we estimated DAH and its flows based on the OECD methodology for calculating imputed multilateral official development assistance (ODA). The total amount of DAH for all countries combined was 18.5 billion USD in 2019, at 17.4 USD per capita, with the 2011-2019 average of 19.7 billion USD. The average share of DAH in ODA for the 29 countries was about 7.9% in 2019. Between 2011 and 2019, most DAC countries allocated approximately 60% of their DAH to primary health care, with the remaining 40% allocated to health system strengthening. We expect that the estimates of this study will help DAC member countries strategize future DAH wisely, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring transparency.

PROVIDER: S-EPMC8394202 | BioStudies |

REPOSITORIES: biostudies

Similar Datasets

| S-EPMC8032342 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC7161223 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC7001325 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC5066640 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC7180045 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC5207731 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC6307275 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC5886059 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC5496049 | BioStudies
| S-EPMC5565636 | BioStudies